JPEGator is a .NET class library that can be used to compresses and decompresses JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg) images from your C# or Visual Basic applications using .NET Compact Framework.
It also allows creating thumbnail images from large JPEG files using a minimum amount of memory (depending only on image width). Complete source code of the library is included with the PRO version.
- 3 compression and decompression methods (1 very fast and 2 slower but more accurate ones).
- Possibility to monitor progress (for both compression and decompression; handy for very large files).
- Works with streams too (not just with files; for example, you can decode images as they are downloaded from the network without creating temporary files).
- Possibility to create thumbnails from large files with one line of code (3 quality/speed settings).
- 5 input and output color spaces (with automatic conversions between them; Grayscale, RGB, YCrCb, CMYK, and YCCK are supported).
- Storing instances of System.Drawing.Bitmap class as JPEG streams or files with one line of code.
- Possibility to convert Bitmap into array and vice versa (works fast even on .NETCF 1, i.e. does not use GetPixel()/SetPixel()).
- 5 commented examples.
- MSDN-style reference manual.