Automuter is a simple application that stays in system tray notification area (near windows clock) and monitors your activity. When you lock the computer or screensaver begins to run it can mute computer speakers.Other Automuter features include:
- Mute speakers when computer is locked.
- Decrease sound level by specified number of decibels (dB).
- Fade-in. Increase sound level gradually. Save life of your speakers!
- iTunes, Winamp and Windows Media Player support. When muting sounds these players will be paused. Now you'll never miss a single word!
- Mute sounds when screensaver is running.
- Mute on schedule. You can set your own 'silent time'. Updated: Support for multiple schedules.
- Mute sounds on shutdown. When you start your Windows next time all sounds will be muted.
- Hotkey mute. Updated: Now hotkey mute pauses/resumes your favorite audio player.
- Command line support. Mute and unmute sound from the command line.
- Windows Vista support.
- Updated: option for hiding system tray notification area icon.