As the industry standard in terms of Process, Service and Lifecycle Management for IT, the ITIL Foundation exam is the most popular entry-level certification, particularly for individuals switching from another career to IT.
This kit prepares you for the certification exam by offering valuable information on the ITIL® framework, ITIL® certification and IT Service Management as a practice.
This certification kit contains both the study guide and access to our online program that together provides everything you need to prepare for the ITIL® 2011 Foundation certification exam, including:
This new Expanded and Updated edition includes:
- Real-world scenarios that describe what you've learned in the context of service solutions. These include thought-provoking questions to challenge your thinking and understanding.
- Section reviews for each chapter to help you zero in on what you need to know and practice exam questions.
- A Real-World Guide to ITIL® 2011 Skills. Key information and real-world examples organized around the actual day-to-day tasks and challenges you'll face in the field of IT Service Management.
- Ability to assess what you've learned with challenging ITIL® Foundation exam style questions.
- Adobe Flash presentations that you can view and replay as many times as required, facilitated by certified ITIL® trainers who explain each of the topics and concepts of ITIL®.
- Materials developed on the specific syllabus and exam criteria – so that you can be confident in achieving exam success on your first attempt.
- Content updated to match syllabus 4 - processes and other content areas all provided for in both the book and elearning presentations
- More in-depth exam prep, e.g. answer guides for all exam questions
- More content depth in a number of areas
- The ITIL 2011 Foundation course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework;
- Individuals who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization;
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted the ITIL framework and who need to be informed about, or contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT Management, IT Consultants, Help Desk Officers, Business managers, Service Desk and IT Support Staff
- Which ITIL® concepts are covered in this course?
- The 2011 Foundation Certificate enables participants to understand the basic terms, concepts and relationships between the ITIL® processes and functions.
- The Service Lifecycle
- Essential terminology
- Service Strategy
- Service Strategy Processes: Financial Management for IT Services, Service Portfolio Management, Business Relationship Management
- Service Design
- Design Coordination & Service Level Management
- Service Catalog Management & Supplier Management
- Capacity Management and Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management & Information Security Management
- Service Transition, Transition Planning & Support and Knowledge Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Service Operation
- Service Desk
- Other Functions
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfilment & Access Management
- Continual Service Improvement
- The Seven-Step Improvement Process
- Service Automation