FolderSizes is a powerful disk space analysis utility which provides users and network administrators alike with deep insights into how their local and network drive space is being consumed.
It employs an advanced, multi-threaded file system scanning engine that works against mapped drives, UNC paths, and local devices. FolderSizes can export its disk space analysis reports in a variety of formats, including HTML, XML, and more - all accessible via a command interface for scheduling and systems integration.
FolderSizes provides an engaging, interactive disk space analysis experience that you must try yourself to truly appreciate. More than just a series of great-looking reports, FolderSizes allows you to visualize your disk space usage from multiple perspectives.
FolderSizes has a world-wide user base of IT professionals, power users, and enterprises of all sizes - each looking to maximize their storage resources and minimize waste. It employs an amazing, multi-threaded file system scanning engine that shows you results immediately - as the scan is progressing!
Benefits & Solutions
- Explore, visualize, and comprehend local and network storage
- Analyze trends in folder & drive metrics (size, allocated size, etc.) (Pro edition only)
- Reclaim gigabytes of drive space by eliminating unused files
- Improve storage capacity planning capability
- Identify file system data best suited for archival / offline storage
- Find the disk space hogs with just a few clicks
- Manage and monitor disk space across the network (Pro edition only)
- Publish disk usage reports right to your web server
- Streamline file systems to optimize backups
- Monitor and enforce storage retention policies
- Find excessively long file names that interfere with archival, backups, etc.
- Find recently saved files without knowing their names (find recently modified)
- Find files owned by a specific individual or group
- Reduce the presence of unwanted storage data, reducing risk & expense
- View the "size on disk" (actual space consumed) for any file or folder
- Visualize the distribution of files by file type, age, and size
- Find and remove empty folders