Kernel Video Sharing top featuresSpeed and performance
One of the most important features of KVS is its scalability and ability to process huge amounts of traffic. We designed KVS with scalability in mind from the very beginning of the development process. This is why performance only gets better as KVS evolves. Right now, the KVS engine is a powerful and balanced system which can handle several million daily hits with an average server configuration.
KVS high performance and scalability are based on the following sub-systems:
File system caching: caching can be configured for separate website components reducing overall database load.
In-memory caching: caching can be configured to store entire pages in RAM, thus reducing database and HDD load.
Overload protection mechanism: will be triggered in case of a sudden website load upsurge and will make sure the server stays up and running.
Load balancing for video streaming: can duplicate content through different physical servers and stream videos from all of them, thus reducing HDD load and bandwidth usage.
Performance monitor: analyzes website page performance in real time, can be used to detect performance bottlenecks.
With the help of the above sub-systems you won't normally have any performance issues with KVS. We want you to be 100% sure that your project is easily scaled to match its growth. Website builder
KVS contains a website building module with the most features on the market today. Any professional backend software will let you edit website templates, modify website design and layout... but for KVS, this is nowhere near enough! KVS will take you to a new, greater level of customization. You will be able to create any pages with any kind of content on them!
Every page is built from logical blocks (more than 40 available blocks in full version); every block has many configuration parameters to control its behavior. With KVS you can add any blocks to any website page, create brand new pages with any blocks, ultimately, you can even remove all the existing pages completely and create a brand new website from scratch. In order to do that you only need to understand how the KVS website builder operates, and have some basic knowledge of HTML and Smarty. Server-side coding? Not a line of it needed.
Why do you need this?
- You can stand out from the competition by building more customized sites.
- At any time you can extend and enhance your website with new pages required for better growth and monetization. You can easily adjust your website and its design to current market trends.
- Things that cannot be ever implemented using other scripts will be implemented with KVS without any programming effort whatsoever.
KVS provides full-featured support for multiple video formats and multiple screenshot formats. Video formats are divided into 2 groups: for standard and for premium videos. This brings you excellent opportunities of customizing your member area: you can offer both free videos and premium videos, and these will come in totally different formats. You can find an overview of member zone layout later on this page.
You can create as many video formats in any of the 2 groups (standard / premium) as you wish. For every format, you can customize a large variety of settings:
- Video geometry (width x height) and aspect ratio.
- FFmpeg encoding options.
- Watermark image and position.
- Duration limit in seconds or percent.
- Trailer creation based on source video with any number of parts (it will break video into parts and merge them into a single video file).
- User access level required to play this video format.
- Downloading enabled/disabled for this format.
- Hotlinking from third party websites enabled/disabled for this format.
- Download speed limit for all files of this format.
- Timeline screenshots creation for this format, on/off.
There's more! KVS lets you specify which formats are required and which are optional. The required formats will be created for every video (or can be uploaded manually by you). Optional formats will not be created automatically: you can either upload them manually or force them to be created automatically for a subset of videos (this is a mass-edit feature).
Operating multiple video formats is extremely useful for:
- Displaying short video previews on website pages instead of static images.
- Letting users choose video quality and (or) resolution.
- Letting users download videos in different file containers.
- Letting users watch videos on different mobile devices.
- Encouraging users to pay for access to high quality videos by letting them watch low quality trailers.
- And anything else you can only imagine! KVS is really good when it comes to offering extremely flexible configuration options for video formats.
and much more