MagCAD is a simple low-cost software tool for calculation (computation, modeling) of spatial distribution of the magnetic field created by permanent magnets and electric coils at presence of nonlinear ferromagnetic materials in cylindrically symmetrical systems. The magnetic field is calculated by numerical solution of the equation for vector potential on a uniform grid in two dimensions.
MagCAD main features:
- Proven realistic results with real nonlinear magnetics for the toy price;
- Integrated graphic editor;
- Immediate field visualization;
- Probe tool with the field components indication and "live" cross-sections;
- No restrictions on shape and size of magnets, coils and ferromagnetics;
- Possibilities to print, save and export both you project and the calculated field;
- Free trial period
The practice of a magnetic system development shows that the typical routine is the repeated application of the sequence:
"... - field calculation - magnetic system correction - field calculation - ..."
with successive approximation to the desired field. To do that a tool is necessary allowing simple and prompt operative change of the system geometry and immediate visualization of the resulting field. Now you have a good chance to obtain such a tool: the MagCAD software.
Accuracy of MagCAD calculations was repeatedly checked by comparison with experimentally measured fields in real systems. Comparison has shown good accuracy of calculations restricted mainly by indeterminacy of magnetic matter properties and discretization of geometry which is essential only at the description of small details (the size of 1-2 grid meshes).