Twain Importer is a virtual Twain driver that imports images into any Twain-compatible scan application.
It is helpful for unifying operations with images from multifunctional devices (MFP), Network Scanners, E-mails, or if your Twain-based capture application does not support some file format (for example PDF documents).
It can even be used to test Twain-based application (especially using Microsoft or VmWare virtual technologies). TwainImporter can be very helpful in sales or support, because you don’t need to use expensive hardware scanners.
Twain Importer is available as a 32-bit and 64-bit driver. It supports the following image formats and compressions: PDF (including text PDF, image PDF and image plus text PDF documents), TIFF (including multipage), JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, GIF, Bitmap, ICO, TGA, PCX, and WMF.
Twain Importer is useful for many common office tasks:
- Import JPEG, TIFF and other image files scanned with MFP (MFD) into local or shared folder
- Import PDF files via TWAIN interface into document imaging systems
- Demo your capture product to customers on a notebook without real hardware
- Test scan application
- Import from a Microsoft Sharepoint Shared folder
- Import from an attached digital camera or flash drive
- Quickly insert a number of images into Microsoft Word
- Convert color documents to black-and-white
- Rotate, alter, and improve an image’s quality
- Import files with Kofax VRS
- and more!